Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why Is The New Year so Exciting??

Not a very hard question; but an interesting one. A few days ago, a friend of mine tweeted, "No more heartbreak in 2011!" I concur. Wholeheartedly.

I secretly hope the New Year will bring about my carefully buried hopes & dreams; shining opportunities; the kinda stuff you see in movies. I haven't quite figured out why it's "secret" yet. Sort of the same thing like when you're blowing out the candles on your birthday cake and right away everyone asks, "What'd you wish for, huh? Huh??" And you simply shrug it off, giving them a, "I wished for world peace," vibe when you really just unleashed the rapids of your soul in 2 milliseconds & locked it right back up again. YOU know...

But then I get out there and play the game the same way I've always played it. Definition of insanity? True. So, I guess for the first time, I'm beginning to understand the process that life is. People, putting myself at the top of the list, don't like the process. Job search, weight loss, finding "the one", being debt-free, acquiring wealth, overcoming rejection (eeegaadds, 2010 was a pretty tough year concerning that)...I could digress for hours about rejection but I won't because this is a blog and not a couch in an office. So this year, I've decided to embrace the "process." And I'm kinda excited about where this new mindset & God's direction will take me...

No comments:

Post a Comment